Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Library Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

It's been two weeks since my last library visit. There was a lot of book traffic! ;)

Books returning to the library:
The Snake, The Crocodile & The Dog
The Darkest Hour
Suddenly One Summer
Dirty Rotten Tendrils
Simply Irresistible
Compromised - will post my thoughts soon
Sea Witch - returned unread; I didn't get around to it quickly enough, and wasn't able to renew because it was placed on hold by another patron.

My loot this week:



Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson. I've been wanting to read this book for a while and it's finally my turn.



Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny. I love this series, it's a little piece of Canadiana...In Quebec!



In Bed with the Duke by Christina Dodd. I haven't read a book by this author in years, thought I would give her another try.



Icebreaker by Deirdre Martin. Hockey players. Need I say more?



Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis. I couldn't say no to that little face. Isn't he cute? It's the first book in a new series.



The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames. I cannot resist a cozy mystery. It's the first book in a brand new series, A Cheese Shop Mystery.



The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis. The second book of the Lucky Harbor series.



Kiss Me if You Can by Carly Phillips. Another author that I haven't read in years. Keeping my fingers crossed with this book.



Cook the Books by Jessica Conant-Park & Susan Conant. The fifth book in the Gourmet Girl mystery series.



Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella. I'm trying to catch up with the Shopaholic series.



Not That Kind of Girl by Susan Donovan. The third book of the Dog Walking series.

Any loot this week?

3 comments:

Linda said...

That's a lot of books. Enjoy!

Christine said...

I love your loot. Everything looks right up my alley. I really want to pick up Jill Shalvis' Lucky Harbor books.

Enjoy!

Marg said...

I really liked Major Pettigrew! I hope you do to.