Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No Place to Run

Sam Kelly was her first love.

The last person Sam Kelly expected to pull wounded from the lake was Sophie Lundgren. Once they shared a brief, intense affair while Sam was undercover and then she vanished. She's spent the last months on the run, knowing that any mistake would cost her life and that of her unborn child—Sam's child. Now she's resurfaced with a warning for Sam: this time, he's the one in danger.

Now he's her last chance.

Sam has too many questions to let her slip away again—like why she disappeared in the first place. This time he vows not to be seduced. But one look in her eyes, and the passion burns again, and Sam knows he’ll do anything to keep her and his child safe. However, Sophie’s dark past is more dangerous than he imagines, and the only way for either to survive it is to outrun it.

I recently read the first book of the KGI series, The Darkest Hour, and I just had to get my hands on the second book of the series, No Place to Run. So I broke down and bought the ebook.

I wasn't disappointed in buying it. I was hooked right from the beginning. Sam swept in my life and captured it for a whole weekend. And I'm not complaining one bit. Ok, just one little complaint...the heroine. Don't get me wrong I really liked her, although her age was never revealed, she was young and she knew what she wanted. She wanted to keep her baby safe, and I can totally relate to that. My problem was her name, Sophie. It's a beautiful name but it's also my young daughters name, and I was having trouble ignoring that fact whenever a sex scene came up.

Sam is one of those heroes that I will look back with having the whole package. The looks, the alpha type, the dangerous job, the stubbornness, and after being lied to so many by the heroine he still wants to protect her.

No Place to Run by Maya Banks (4.5/5) Romantic Suspense; Published: Berkley (12/2010); Format: Ebook for Kindle; Series: # 2, KGI Novel; Books 2011 (26)

No comments: