Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love and Mayhem

Try getting married when your betrothed can wield an iron pot with deadly accuracy, her mad uncle thinks he's William Wllace, and her two maiden aunts can't finish a sentence - or a thought - on their own...

Sir Iain Armstrong is trying to wed Lady Marion, a convent-raised spitfire. All Iain wants to do is fulfill his father's wishes, appease two royal courts, and do what is best for the future of Scotland by putting an end to all the troubles in his part of the Borders. All Lady Marion has to do is agree to marry him, which is the last thing on her mind when Iain arrives at the convent. Until she realizes that Iain is a man of courage, intelligence, and seductively powerful shoulders. But now her eccentric family might do what she's already failed to do-drive him away forever.

I've had this book in my TBR pit for a very long time. I'm not sure when it was bought, but after reading the blurb I know why I bought it, funny historical MIK read. I love those!

And for the first half of the book I thought that I was correct, but somewhere it somehow just unraveled for me. I lost interest and I skimmed the rest of the book, and not even the mad rants of the heroine's uncle helped.

I hate when that happens!

Love and Mayhem by Nicole Cody (2.5/5) Historical Romance; Published: Signet Eclipse (4/2006); New Author; TBR Read; Books 2011 (27);

No comments: