Monday, June 1, 2009

Housekeeping & DNF's

Wow, June 1st. Already? Time has gone by so fast.

Let's take a look at me challenges, shall we?

Spring Reading Thing 2009
My goal is 9 books. I've read 6. Considering that the challenge ends soon I have to get cracking!

Chunkster Challenge
My goal is 5 books. I have read 3.

Young Readers Challenge
My goal is 12. And I've read only 3.

Romance Reading Challenge 2009
My goal is 10, and I've only 5.

18th & 19th Century Women Writers' Reading Challenge
My goal is 10 books and I've read 5.

Celebrate the Author Challenge
My goal is 12 books and I've read 5. Right on schedule, it's one per month!

The 2009 100 + Reading Challenge
My goal is 100 +. And so far I've read 60 book this year.

The 2009 Pub Challenge
My goal was 9. And I've read 17. Yeah! I've completed a challenge!
My final list was:
1. A Veiled Deception by Annette Blair
2.Dawnkeepers by Jessica Andersen
3.The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion by Alice Kimberly
4.Fireside by Susan Wiggs
5.The Illumination by Jill Gregory & Karen Tintori
6.What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
7.Mayhem in High Heels by Gemma Halliday
8.Corked by Cabernet by Michele Scott
9.Devil of the Highlands by Lynsay Sands
10.When a Stranger Loves Me by Julianne MacLean
11.Smart Girls Think Twice by Cathie Linz
12.The Girl Most Likely To... by Susan Donovan
13. Hounding the Pavement by Judi McCoy
14. First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh
15. Bride of a Wicked Scotsman by Samantha James
16. Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian
17. Love in Bloom by Sheila Roberts

The 2009 Support Your Local Library Challenge
I set my goal to 50 books and I've completed it. Yeah! Another one down.
Here are the books I read from my library:

1. The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende
2. Evelina by Frances Burney
3. The Virgin of Small Plains by Nancy Pickard
4. Complicated Kindness by Miriam Toews
5. Virgin River by Robyn Carr
6. Unravel Me by Christie Ridgeway
7. A Veiled Deception by Annette Blair
8. Hex Marks the Spot by Madelyn Alt
9. The Mistress Diaries by Julianne MacLean
10. Salvation In Death by J.D. Robb
11. Looking for Anne: How Lucy Maud Montgomery Dreamed Up a Literary Classic by Irene Gammel
12. Dawnkeepers by Jessica Andersen
13. The Ghost and the Femme Fatale by Alice Kimberley
14. Aunt Dimity Beats the Devil by Nancy Atherton
15. No Rest for the Wiccan by Madelyn Alt
16. The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion by Alice Kimberly
17. Camilla by Frances Burney
18. Fireside by Susan Wiggs
19. Devil May Ride by Wendy Roberts
20. The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
21. Ghost at Work by Carolyn Hart
22. The Illumination by Jill Gregory and Karen Tintori
23. What I Did For Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
24. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
25. Mayhem In High Heels by Gemma Halliday
26. Corked by Cabernet by Michele Scott
27. Devil of the Highlands by Lynsay Sands
28. Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian
29. Some Like It Wicked by Teresa Medeiros
30. When A Stranger Loves Me by Julianne MacLean
31. Smart Girls Think Twice by Cathie Linz
32. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
33. The Girl Most Likely To... by Susan Donovan
34. Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian
35. The Gift of Wings by Mary Henley Rubio
36. Hounding the Pavement by Judi McCoy
37. First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh
38. Aunt Dimity: Detective by Nancy Atherton
39. The Man Who Loved Jane Austen by Sally Smith O'Rourke
40. Fire and Ice by Julie Garwood
41. Bride of a Wicked Scotsman by Samantha James
42. Veil of Midnight by Lara Adrian
43. The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
44. Dewey by Vicki Myron
45. The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
46. Love In Bloom by Sheila Roberts
47. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
48. Promises In Death by J.D. Robb
49. Getting What You Want by Kathy Love
50. Blame It On Paris by Jennifer Greene

I don't often have DNFs but this past week I had two. Yes, two! And here they are:



1 comment:

Kailana said...

Congrats on completing all those challenges! :)