Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chester


My kids love to read. And they love having books read to them. They each have their own tastes but occasionally I'm able to find a book that they both love. And it happens that I love Chester by Melanie Watt just as much as my children do.

Chester is cat that wants to be in his owner's next book. Melanie Watt is the author of Scaredy Squirrel series, but she is now trying to write a book on a mouse, but Chester has is own ideas. With his red marker, Chester helps Melanie out.

The story and the pictures are funny and endearing, and couldn't help laughing out loud along with my kids. Since getting this book we've read it several times a day, and I'm pretty sure that it will be on the keeper shelf for a very long time.

The book is the winner of the 2009 Blue Spruce Award in Ontario.

Chester by Melanie Watt (5/5) Children's Book; Young Readers (4-7); Published: Kids Can Press (2007); Young Readers Challenge (3); Keeper Shelf;

No comments: