Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's Top Ten consists of the settings you'd like to read or you'd like to see more in books.
I'm a huge historical fiction fan, I love reading books set in the Regency, Victorian and Edwardian times, but I also like to expand it a little more, my only complaint is that majority of books are in England, North America, France, etc... You get the point. Here are my Top Ten historical settings that I would love to see more in books:
1. American gold rush - it can be either western or even Alaska gold rush, not picky in that area.
2. Westerns - I can't remember the last time I read a western, I loved reading romances set in the west. Rugged gunslingers, cowboys, rangers...
3. South America - The countries in south America are full of turbulent political history, and there's a certain exotic feeling to that region.
4. South Pacific
5. Japan - I'm fascinated with Japanese culture
6. China - Great Wall of China, need I say more?...imagine the possibilities!
7. Scandinavia - I want me some Vikings!
8. Russia - Russia, is a country rich in history, I don't understand why there isn't more
9. Canada - I would love to see more, please.
10. Portugal - Another country that is rich in history and at one point in time it ruled oceans (and the world). ;)
If you have suggestions on books with these setting let me know, I'm always looking for more to read. Thanks!
To join in the fun, visit here.