Friday, February 10, 2012

To Catch a Leaf

I've finally agreed to tie the know! But it's a murder mystery involving my assistant that has my stomach in knot...
THEIR FAMILY TREE IS ROTTEN TO THE ROOTS.

Flower shop owner Abby Knight is aglow with happiness now that she's officially engaged to her longtime beau, Marco Salvare. Nothing will dampen her joy - not a new dent on her beloved Corvette, nor her future mother-in-law's micromanaging of her wedding. Then wealthy dowager Constance Newport is killed, and Abby's assistant, Grace Bingham, is left a hefty sum of money, making her the prime suspect. But while questioning Constance's relatives and staff, Abby and Marco find that everyone has a shady past and wants a piece of the fortune. The plot thickens when they stumble upon mysterious stolen art and a missing cat - all part of an elaborate heist. Before Abby can throw her bouquet, she'll have to throw a killer and a thief in jail....

I've been a fan of this series for a very long time, and I was very happy to find on the shelves of my library. Got to love cosy mysteries!

Abby and Marco are recently engaged but instead of being excited about invitations, dresses and parties, Abby is worried about her friend Grace and Marco is more worried about dodging his mother. Through in a nightmare of a family and not so missing cat and you have a decent cosy mystery.

Just want I needed, short and sweet.

To Catch a Leaf by Kate Collins (3/5) Contemporary Mystery; Published: Obsidian Mystery (11/2011); Series: # 12, A Flower Shop Mystery; Library; Books 2012 (3);

2 comments:

Marg said...

Back in the day I used to read this series. I think I have the fourth one sitting on my shelf still unread. I have no idea how far behind I am in the series now but I suspect it is a lot!

Leya said...

Hi Marg,
You got quite a few to read then...lol. :) It's a fun series.