Monday, February 13, 2012

Tempted Again

She's been tempted before...
Marissa Bennett needs to start over, so she returns to her hometown of Hopeful, Ohio, and a new job at the library.  After a painful divorce, she craves peace of mind and stability.  Instead, the first thing she does is accidentally crash the Founders' Day Parade.  To make matters worse, she also has to deal with a menopausal mom, a sarcastic sister and a loony library board.
...and this wickedly hot sheriff knows her weakness.
The last thing Marissa needs is a new man in her life.  Enter sexy lawman Connor Doyle - the bad boy who took her virginity back in high school.  She knows she should turn the page on her past and get her life back on track, but Connor is irresistible.  Has hse come all the way home just to get her heart broken again?


I knew right at the beginning of this book that I wouldn't be able to put it down until the very last page.  I was right.  I read this book in one sitting, and I have to thank my children for keeping themselves busy while I lost myself in the small town of Hopeful.

Like all small towns Hopeful is full of funny and quirky characters, and these characters added to feel of the book.  There were numerous laugh out loud moments and many those were caused by those characters.  I loved Marissa's parents, her menopausal mother was hilarious and her father was lost in his own little world.  I enjoyed Marissa and Connor, I found their love/hate relationship funny and entertaining. Mainly I found their chemistry spot on.

I don't really have any complaints. Ok, one.  It was too short of a book!

Tempted Again by Cathie Linz (4/5) Contemporary Romance; Published: Berkley Sensation (1/2012); New Release 2012; Library 2012; Books 2012 (5)


No comments: