Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Devil in Disguise

Lord William Randall, the Duke of Clairemont, is a rake with little regard for society - a most unlikely suitor for Lady Lucinda Grey.  But his latest assignment for the Young Corinthians, an elite spy organization, involves protecting her from a kidnapping plot.  To do this, the notorious "Iron Will" must use his devilish charm to seduce Lucinda and convince her he's worthy of her attention.  William never planned to become enthralled by the lovely Lady Grey - or to lose his own heart in the bargain.
Beautiful and fiercely intelligent, Lucinda has managed to gracefully sidestep even the most persistent suitors.  Until the Duke of Clairemont, that is.  She's tempted by his sinful sensuous mouth and piercing eyes, and finds it hard to resist the champion Thoroughbred he offers her in exchange for the honor of courting her.  Can she keep him at arm's length when his touch begs her to let him so much closer?

The Devil is Disguise is the first book of a new series called Regency Rogues by new author (at least to me) Stefanie Sloane. I was so happy to find out that I picked up the first book! I have the tendency to pick the books out of order. And I really hate reading a series out of order. Yep, a very small pet peeve of mine.

I usually find historical romance heroines to be a little dull.  There's only so much of dress maker visits, and social visits that I can take, but Lady Lucinda is definitely not dull.  She's intelligent, independent and opinionated.  I loved her!    Lord William I found to be a perfect match for Lucinda.  He was headstrong, intelligent and he also has a great sense of responsibility. Together, they were amazing.  I really enjoyed this couple.  Of course there were the typical misunderstanding between them, but I found that it was resolved quickly by the author with the punishment to the hero being somewhat painful, emotionally speaking.

I can't wait to get my hands on the second book, The Angel In My Arms.

The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane (4/5) Historical Romance; Published: Ballantine Books (5/2011); New Author; Series: #1, Regency Rogues; Library 2012; Books 2012 (6)

No comments: