Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Two Towers

The company of the Ring is sundered. Frodo and Sam continue their journey down the great River Anduin - alone, that is, save for the mysterious creeping figure that follows wherever they go.

In the second book of The Lord of The Rings trilogy, The Two Towers the real action begins. By no means The Fellowship of the Ring was boring, but this book has more battles and struggle. It's more of a inner struggle that I'm talking about. Mostly Frodo's. The weight of the Ring is starting to a toll on him, mentally and physically.

Like the first book, I was hooked right from the start. Although it took me a while to clear my head of the movie version, because the sequence is slightly different and there are little nuances that stood out. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. The little things, the dialogue and the characters for instance.

My husband asked me which medium I prefer, the movie or the book? I truthfully couldn't give him a straight answer because they're both great on their own. The book is the original creative work of the author, while the movie is Peter Jackson's interpretation of Tolkien's work. So, I like them both.

But you never know...I still have to read the final book of the series.

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien (4/5) Classic Fantasy; Published: George Allen & Unwin (1954); Series: # 2, The Lord of the Rings; Books 2011(2);


No comments: