Wednesday, January 5, 2011

TBR Challenge 2011

Here's a challenge I can do without a struggle. My TBR pit has been growing and growing, but I haven't been reading all that much from it.

This year, the TBR Challenge is being hosted by Wendy, from The Misadventures of Super Librarian.

Here's some info on the challenge - taken from The Misadventures of Super Librarian:
What is the TBR Challenge? Simply put, it's where readers pick up a long neglected book from their TBR pile, read it, and comment on that read on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. The idea is to read those long neglected books that you just had to get your hands on at the time, but have been languishing in your pile, all lost and forgotten.

There are themes provided, which I think is a great idea. I need all the assistance I can get. The themes are - taken from The Misadventures of Super Librarian:
Monthly Review Dates And Theme Suggestions

January 19 - Category romance
February 16 - Ugly Ducklings (Heroes and/or heroines who aren't "pretty")
March 16 - New-to-you author
April 20 - Western (contemporary or historical)
May 18 - Marriage of convenience, arranged marriage or pretend engagement
June 15 - Contemporary romance
July 20 - Fairy tale themes (Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella etc.)
August 17 - Steamy reads (Erotic romance, erotica, something spicy!)
September 21 - Series Catch-up - pick up a book from a series you're behind on
October 19 - Paranormal or romantic suspense
November 16 - Other genre besides romance
December 21 - Holiday themes (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, it's all good!)


For more information or to sign up for the challenge, visit here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! I joined this one again too! I'll be sooo disappointed in myself if I don't follow through. :-(