Monday, May 10, 2010

Savor the Moment

Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. But she's too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that their clients seem to long for. What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker's older brother Delaney, on whom she's had a mega-crush since childhood.

But some infatuations last longer than others, and Laurel is convinced that the Ivy League lawyer is still out of her reach. Plus, Del is too protective of Laurel to ever cross the line with her-or so she thinks. When Laurel's quicksilver moods get the better of her-leading to an angry, hot, all-together mind-blowing kiss with Del-she'll have to quiet the doubts in her mind to turn a moment of passion into forever...

If you have been reading Wandeca Reads for a while you must know (by now) how much I enjoy Nora Roberts. I love her romances, her suspense novels and her futuristic series...of course some I enjoy more than others but regardless of how much I enjoy the books, I know for sure whenever I pick up a book with the NR stamp on it I will be entertained and it will be time well spent.

I have read the two previous Bride Quartet books, Vision in White and Bed of Roses. For me started off a little slow and it got better with the second book, so I've been looking forward on reading the third, Savor the Moment.

Savor the Moment is Laurel and Del's story. Can you imagine being in love with someone for years and never telling them or showing them your feelings? Laurel is tired and fed up with Del for not seeing her as a woman. He sees her as family. One night she looses her patience and goes for it. And does she ever!

I loved reading this book. It was one of those experiences that just kept on getting better. I love re-visiting the old friends while they plan weddings, not only their customers but their own as well. I loved that Laurel finally had her turn, we finally got to know her, she's smart, funny, hard working and loving. Nothing really happens during this except for a nice love story between two great friends. The way they gave time to explore their feelings before moving their relationship towards sexual intimacy was a nice touch.

Of all three books this one is my favorite. And I cannot wait to get my hands on the final book.

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts (4.5/5) Contemporary Romance; Published: Berkley Books (5/10); Series: # 3, Bride Quartet; Books 2010 (48);

2 comments:

Marg said...

I am waiting very impatiently for this book to come in at the library. At the moment they only have the large print version on order! I have really enjoyed these straight contemporary novels by Nora Roberts - such comfort reads.

nath said...

Nora Roberts is a great author, but I have to say, I'm glad she came back to straight contemporaries. Her foray in paranormal has been so-so.

I really liked Savor the Moment as well :) Loved Laurel and Del :) Great chemistry between the two.