Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nothing But Trouble

Trouble . . .

Chelsea Ross's acting career has been a total bust. The closest she ever came to stardom was her brilliant performance as "Pretty Dead Girl #1." But leaving Hollywood to become the personal assistant to a famous hockey player could be her stupidest career move ever.

More trouble . . .

Injured superstar Mark Bressler's glory days are over. The bad-boy ex-jock could at least be civil to the pint-sized, pink-haired bombshell who the Seattle Chinooks hired to be his P.A. If Chelsea didn't need the money, she'd be running from the world's biggest jerk as fast as her feet could carry her.

Big trouble!

Chelsea can deal with Mark's rotten attitude and dark moods. The problem is those biceps and that red-hot bod! And when the bad boy starts to put the moves on her, Chelsea knows it's time she banished him to the penalty box . . . if only she could resist the kind of trouble he has in mind!

Rachel Gibson is one of my must read authors. I love her humor and I love the way she tells a good story. I don't love all her books, some have been lukewarm and there are others that I re-read any chance I get. Lately I've been reading her books through the library, but I couldn't resist buying Nothing But Trouble.

Chelsea is an out of work actress that is looking for a change and also the opportunity to get extra money for a procedure that she thinks that may change her career. Mark is cranky hockey player who has the ability to scare off every nurse that his team sends his way. But Chelsea doesn't scare off easily and Mark is slowly enjoying her bright and sunny attitude, just don't let her know that. Slowly the attraction between them increases and it's hard for them to keep it professional.

The book had the usual fast pace that I expect of Rachel Gibson, and there's also the humor and I loved Chelsea and Mark's banter. The chemistry was there and it sizzled, it was very nice. I enjoyed the way that Chelsea finally cracked Mark's shell, the way they became somewhat friends before the sex took over. The only thing I couldn't get was the final conflict, I couldn't understand Mark's anger, I thought it was over the top.

Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson (3.75/5) Contemporary Romance; Published: Avon (4/10); Format: Ebook for Kindle; Books 2010 (47);

No comments: