Thursday, November 12, 2009

With A Twist

After reading Power Play, I've been a tad reluctant to read Deirdre Martin. And I enjoy my hockey players, and this one doesn't deal with the Blades, but is the first book of a new series, Wild Hart Saga. The main characters, Natalie and Quinn are no strangers to me, they were both in Just A Taste. I guess that made me get off my behind and read this book.

He's a tall order. She's a hot dish.
But are they ready for the main course?


Natalie Bocuse dreams of managing a chic Manhattan restaurant. In the meantime she's waitressing at her sister's French bistro in Brooklyn.

Among the regulars is Quinn O'Brien, not only the best reporter in New York but the most handsome. He'll do anything for a story, even break hearts, though Natalie swears hers will stay untouched.

When Quinn offers Natalie a waitressing job at his parents' Irish Pub in Manhattan, she can't refuse. She'll be a step closer to her dream and temptingly close to Quinn. But then Quinn's new editor-in-chief steps through the pub's doors and wants to order what's on Natalie's menu. Now Quinn will do anything to stop the presses. Pursuing the greatest story of his life, his own love story, Quinn's going to need his luck of the Irish to win Natalie's heart—or else it's c'est la vie...

And I'm glad that I did. I'm pleasantly surprised on how much I enjoyed this book.

Both Natalie and Quinn are career orientated, they're banter is hilarious and they're chemistry worked. Not as a steamy as some previous books, but much better than the last, in my opinion. The author also introduced a interesting group of characters and I cannot wait to read more about them.

Hmm, I wonder how long the wait will be for the next one...

With A Twist by Deirdre Martin (4/5) Contemporary Romance; Published: Berkley (5/2009); Series: # 1, Wild Hart Saga; 2009 100 + Reading Challenge (130);

No comments: