Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading. Here's how you play:

* Grab your current read.
* Let the book fall open to a random page.
* Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
* You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
* Please avoid spoilers!

Here's my teaser:
He passed a dozen or so sheets of paper to Strange. Each sheet was covered in three columns of Mr Norrell's small precise handwriting; each column contained a long list of different sorts of magic.
~ taken from page 234, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke



You can join in the fun by visiting here.

6 comments:

Alayne said...

Ugh, this book was torture to get through. I've read reviews where people loved it, but I wanted to cry by the end it got so dry. Good luck! Here's my link: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/teaser-tuesday-double-or-nothin/

Jennifer said...

The teaser sounds interesting! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/joy-teaser-tuesdays.html

reviewsbylola said...

I have got this one sitting on my shelves. I really should get to it!

Marg said...

I bought this book when it first came out. Never even opened it to read even the first page! One day!

Well-Read Reviews said...

Hmmm haven't heard of this book before! Interesting teaser, though!

Allison
- My Teaser

Staci said...

Great teaser and I have this book. Should get to reading it sometime!!