Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Library Loot

Library Loot is a weekly event that is co-hosted by Marg and Eva.
...encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.


The kids and I visited the library yesterday and came home with a bagfull of goodies for all of us. The kids taste range from crafts books to comic books along with a few Spiderman books and a couple of Judy Bloom's.

I came home with three books. One will be a re-read, Monkeewrench, the first book of a series that I absolutely love. Also came home with a biography of Laura Ingals Wilder, and the other book the latest by Rebecca Wells, The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder. I also have one book left from the last visit, Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell.




5 comments:

Eva said...

I just read my first Gaskell (Cranford) last month and loved it! I definitely want to read more of her in the future. :)

Marg said...

I've only read one Gaskell as well, but I read North and South. I do intend to read more one of these days.

Linda said...

I'll be looking forward to your review of the newest Rebecca Wells.

Leya said...

Marg and Eva
So far I've read Cranford, North and South, and Wives and Daughters by Gaskell - I've enjoyed them all, but I'm struggling with Mary Barton. It may just be my mood.

Linda, I'm looking forward to reading Rebecca Wells, I loved her first two books and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one will be just as good.

Thanks for stopping by Wandeca Reads! :D

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth Gaskell is a name I keep seeing here (well, of course, that's why I'm commenting on it ;) and there. Where do you recommend a newbie starting?