Monday, October 27, 2008

Death Perception

I’ve been a fan of this series since the very first book. And I wish they come out quicker.

Here’s the blurb of the latest book of Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie, Death Perception:

It took a while for Abby Cooper’s FBI agent boyfriend, Dutch Rivers, to accept her psychic gifts as the real deal. But these days he knows better than to question Abby’s visions. So when his cousin Chase is kidnapped after a bloody shoot-out in a Vegas alleyway, he agrees that her clairvoyant skills could be invaluable, and they both catch the next flight to Sin City.

Abby’s inner eye insists that Chase is still alive, but nothing else about the case adds up—especially Dutch’s reluctance to involve his own Bureau. On top of everything, Dutch is battling a mysterious illness, and Abby keeps having disturbing dreams that predict his death. Dutch wants Abby to promise that if the investigation goes south, she’ll head home to safety. But when the chips are down, Abby won’t fold without a fight...


What do you get when you add a quirky psychic, a hunky FBI agent, a visit to Vegas, a kidnapping, a corrupt agent, a dragon lady and a parade of interesting characters? An awesome book!

I could not put this book down. I devoured it! I sat down with it and completely forgot about everything. All I wanted to do was read.

I think this book just may be the best of the series. The characters were great (as usual), Dutch and Abby’s bickering was as amusing and kind hearted as ever, Candice’s spunk and fierceness was wonderful and Cat, I really love Cat, as usual she was hilarious, and over protective of her sister. My only complaint was that I didn’t to “see” Milo, Dave and Eggy.

Death Perception by Victoria Laurie (4.5/5) Mystery; Paranormal: Psychic; Published: Obsidian (9/08); Series: # 6, Psychic Eye; 100 + Reading Challenge (76);

No comments: