Thursday, July 10, 2008

BTT - Doomsday

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is:

One of my favorite bookstores burned down last weekend, and while I only got to visit there while I was on vacation, it made me stop and think.

What would you do if, all of a sudden, your favorite source of books was unavailable?

Whether it’s a local book shop, your town library, or an internet shop … what would you do if, suddenly, they were out of business? Devastatingly, and with no warning? Where would you go for books instead? What would you do? If it was a local business you would try to help out the owners? Would you just calmly start buying from some other store? Visit the library in the next town instead? Would it be devastating? Or just a blip in your reading habit?


I tend to buy my books at one of our local Chapters/Indigo stores, and I also shop online at Amazon.ca and eHarlequin.

But most of the books I read come from the library. We have a great library. They have wonderful programs for both adults and children. And they're inter-library are very easy to do. If anything happened to the library, I would be devastated not only because of the books, but also the programs that they offer.

I probably would just have to buy more books online...I'm sure my husband would understand.

No comments: