Thursday, June 12, 2008

BTT - Clubbing

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is:

A combo of two suggestions by: Heidi and by litlove

Have you ever been a member of a book club? How did your group choose (ot, if you haven’t been, what do you think is the best way to choose) the next book and who would lead discussion?

Do you feel more or less likely to appreciate books if you are obliged to read them for book groups rather than choosing them of your own free will? Does knowing they are going to be read as part of a group affect the reading experience?


Yes, I have. Actually it's very simple, we take turns. The person that suggests the book, leads the discussion.

I tend to enjoy reading books chosen for me, usually they're books that I wouldn't necessarily would choose and more times than not I enjoy them. Knowing that I'm reading a book for a discussion, I actually take notes, and call me strange, but sometimes I even research...lol