Tuesday, May 20, 2008

In a Mitford Mood

I quote my husband: "Woman, you inhaled that one. Did you breathe?"

Another book inhaled during an afternoon sitting. How I love these Mitford books! This time around it was book two of Mitford Years series, A Light In The Window

Here's the blurb:

Welcome back to Mitford, the little town with the big heart.

His attractive neighbor is tugging at his heartstrings. A wealthy widow is pursuing him with hot casseroles. And his red-haired Cousin Meg has moved into the rectory, uninvited.

As you can see, Mitford's rector and lifelong bachelor, Father Tim, is in need of divine intervention. In this beautifull crafted second novel in the Mitford series, Jan Karon delivers a love story that's both heartwarming and hilarious. Only time will tell if the villae parson can practise what he preaches.

Like At Home In Mitford, the first novel in this series, this book is filled with the miracles and mysteries of everyday life. And the afformation o what some of us already know: Life in a small town is rarely quiet. And absolutely never boring.

There's nothing more that I can say about this series... you really have to read it and then you are hooked!

I remember the first time, I read the series. I was still working. During a break from the bank, I went to the book store and asked the clerk, Bernadette (I still remember her name!), if she could suggest something light, heartwarming but not fluff. She highly recommended the Mitford series, so I bought the first book, At Home In Mitford. The next week I went back and bought the rest of the series.

A Light In The Window by Jan Karon (Re-read) General Fiction; Published: Lion Publishing (1995); 100 + Reading Challenge (6); Keeper;

No comments: