Friday, August 24, 2007

The Guy Not Taken



The Guy Not Taken by Jennifer Weiner

Here's the blurb:

We meet Marlie Davidow, home alone with her new baby late one night, when she wanders onto her ex's online wedding registry and wonders what if she had wound up with the guy not taken. We find Jessica Norton listing her beloved river-view apartment in the hope of winning her broker's heart. And we follow an unlikely friendship between two very different new mothers, and the choices that bring them together -- and pull them apart.

The Guy Not Taken demonstrates Weiner's amazing ability to create characters who "feel like they could be your best friend" (Janet Maslin) and to find hope and humor, longing and love in the hidden corners of our common experiences.



I'm not a huge fan of short stories, but I'm a fan of Jennifer Weiner, so I gave it my best shot. There were several stories that I enjoyed and others that I didn't care for, but overall it was pretty good. I think that my biggest complaint about short stories is that I want to know more, it just seems that story is not finished, loose ends that need to be tied. I need more...

Rate: 2.5/5, Library book

No comments: