Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What On Your Nightstand?

What's On Your Nightstand




It's the fourth Tuesday of the month, and it's time for What's On Your Nightstand? which is hosted by the lovely ladies of 5 Minutes for Books.

The number of books on my nightstand are increasing, but I'm sad to say that most books that were there last month are still unread. Let's take a look at my nightstand, shall we?

I'm currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Promises in Death by JD Robb.

And I also have:

The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil - I'm a knitter, and I can't resist reading books about fellow knitters.

The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver - Okay, I have to admit that I watched the movie years ago, and I enjoyed it. But I didn't realize it was based on a novel by Jeffery Deaver and it was part of a series. Yep, I had a D'uh moment at the UBS when I found the book.

The Book of Love by Kathleen McGowan - I read the first book of the Magdalene Line series, The Expected One, and loved it.

The Duchess by Amanda Foreman - This book has been on nightstand for a long time...I really should read this one soon.

Love Mercy by Earlene Fowler - I love Fowler's Benni Harper series, and I also read Saddlemaker's Wife. I wonder what this one will be like.

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell - Another book that's been on the nightstand for a while.

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - This will be a re-read. I've read a couple of times already, the first time I loved it and the second I wasn't all that impressed with the book. But I've heard so many good things about the series, that I'm giving it another try.

Someone Like You by Cathy Kelly - Yep, another book that's been on the nightstand for a few months.

Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble - I actually read a review of this book at 5 Minutes for Books and couldn't resist picking it up for a try.

6 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

There isn't a lot of mobility on my list either.

Mine

Ashley Wells said...

Good list! Thanks for sharing!

-Ashley

Cheryl Pitt said...

I've given you a bloggy award :) You can collect it at

http://unadorned-book.blogspot.com/2009/04/bloggy-love.html

Nise' said...

You've got some good ones on your stack! I just finished Promises In Death, liked it better than the previous one. I'm listening to Outlander.

morninglight mama said...

I know what you mean about books needing to move a bit quicker off the nightstand! :) Happy reading!

Alaine said...

Some of those books look great, I also want to read North and South.