Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Kids' Picks



It's the third Tuesday of the month, and it's Kids' Picks time, over at 5 Minutes for Books.

My kids are reading:





Last month S's teacher began reading the first Harry Potter as they out-loud reading in class. S enjoyed it so much, she starting reading the series on her own at home. Right now, she two thirds into the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix . I asked her what she thought of the series, and I quote: "It's the best series, ever!".








K's just starting to read. An unlike his sister he is not a fan of it. He loves being to read to, but he doesn't want to read. He says I do a better job of it. Cute! Anyway, he's been reading When I Am Big by Mary Packard, and he's actually enjoying it.




And together we've been reading The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons and I Like Pumpkins by Jerry Smath.


2 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

May I reccommend Brisingr. Most kids who like Harry Potter enjoy the Inheritance Cycle by Paolini.

Brisingr

Oh I'm giving a copy away!!!

Unknown said...

It IS the best series ever!

Thanks for joining in.