Thursday, February 21, 2013

How to Marry a Duke

Tristan, the Duke of Shelbourne is a man with a mission: find a wife he can tolerate as long as they both shall live. Love is not necessary--nor desired. But how to choose among a dizzying array of wealthy-yet-witless candidates? Hire London's infamously prim and proper matchmaker. Then pretend she's not the most captivating woman he's ever met... 
Helping a devilish Duke create a contest to pick his perfect mate is the kind of challenge Tessa Mansfield relishes. Her methods may be scandalous, but she's determined to find the notorious bachelor more than a wife--she'll bring him true love. Yet when Tessa watches the women vie for the Duke's affections, she longs to win his heart herself. And after a stolen kiss confirms Tristan's desire, Tessa knows she has broken a matchmaker's number one rule: never fall in love with the groom.
It's the historical version of The Bachelor! Oh my goodness!  I had a laugh out loud when I noticed it,  it didn't even dawn on me that it could have been that by the above blurb.  Anyway, after that little shock, I got into the story.  I enjoyed the characters, found them believable, if not a little over the top at times, but there are a few characters that I hope will see in future books. Both Tristan and Tessa are strong individuals, and together they were a powerhouse, the chemistry between was believable, I just wish they came to their senses earlier.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book of the series, How to Seduce a Scoundrel.

How to Marry a Duke by Vicki Dreiling (4/5) Historical Romance; Published: Forever (1/2011); Series: # 1, How To; New Author; Library; Books 2013 (18); 

5 comments:

SEO Expert said...

Glad to read your post :). It is very informative!

Debt Management Plan said...

Your article is very useful and have good knowledge, thanks for the post.

Free Online Games said...

Very value able post, I read the whole story when I start reading it.

Radiator Covers UK said...

I appreciate your blog post, beautifully expressed and well written.

Unknown said...

business

christmas messages and greetings

happy valentines day 2019
happy blessed new year