Monday, January 21, 2013

The Heir

AN EARL WHO CAN'T BE BRIBED
Gayle Windham, Earl of Westhaven, is the first legitimate son and heir to the Duke of Moreland. To escape his father's inexorable pressure to marry, he decides to spend the summer at his townhouse in London, where he finds himself intrigued by the secretive ways of his beautiful housekeeper... 
A LADY WHO CAN'T BE PROTECTED... 
Anna Seaton is a beautiful, talented, educated woman, which is why it is so puzzling to Gayle Windham that she works as his housekeeper. As the two draw closer and begin to lose their hearts to each other, Anna's secrets threaten to bring the earl's orderly life crashing down - and he doesn't know how he's going to protect her from the fallout...
I would like to begin by thanking Ana from Aneca's World for introducing me to this author.  It's been quite a while since I read a historical romance that has captured me as this has.  So thank you Ana, I believe I have found a new must read author.

This book should also have a disclaimer on its cover, one sitting read, reader beware you may lose sleep.  Which I did, but I'm not complaining because it was a very good read.  I loved the setting, the time period, the characters and the story itself wasn't too shabby either.  I found that Anna and Windham suited each other very well, she caring and headstrong and Windham is a no-nonsense type of gentleman who adores his large family, even the meddling members of said family.  I admit at the beginning I thought it a stretch that they would become involved, master and employee, but the author had a way in drawing me in and keeping interested in the book.  I'm looking forward on reading more of her books.

The Heir by Grace Burrowes (4.5/5) Historical Romance; Published: Sourcebooks Casablanca (2010); Format: Ebook for Kindle; New Author; Series: # 1, Windham; Favorite Reads 2013; Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2013 (3); Keeper Shelf; Books 2013 (4);

2 comments:

Marg said...

I really like Grace Burrowes voice. She does a really good build up and I can definitely read her books in one sitting!

Seccionista said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Leya. I plan to explore the other books in this series soon. :-)