Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the lovely ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's Top Ten consists of Top Ten Favorite Reads of 2012.  Hmmm, it's going to be hard for me...So far I've read about 54 books, it may be tough...Let's what I've considered my favorite read so far this year.

Top Ten Favorite Read of 2012:

10.  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I loved the way how this book brought back all those teenage emotions, the confusion and the need to fit in and finally realizing what really is important.  I haven't read anything else by the author but I will definitely will be on the lookout.

9.  It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake - Debut author, I'm a huge fan of cosy mysteries so I had to add one to the list.  And this one is it.

8.  The Dark Queen by Susan Carroll - The first book of Susan Carroll's popular series.  I was hooked right from the beginning.

7.  Helen of Troy by Margaret George - Historical fiction at its best! Need I say more?

6.  The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig - I've been meaning to read this series for a very long time and I finally did, still not caught up but working on it.  I fell in love with series right at the beginning.

5.  The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny - This series only gets better, even with the "little twist" the author threw in this book.

4.  The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister - Four words: Food For Your Soul. 

3.  A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny - Although I enjoyed The Beautiful Mystery, I liked this one more.  After Bury Your Dead I didn't know where the author would go with the series, it was a very powerful book and A Trick of the Light picked up right after and it felt seamless.

2.  Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safron Foer - I fell in love with Oskar, what an incredible little boy.

1.  Dancing on Broken Glass by Ka Hancock -  This book was a very emotional read for me. I spent most of the time with a tissue wiping tears.  Beautifully written and poignant story.

What about you?  What are your favorite reads of the year?  To join in the fun, visit here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched Incredibly Loud and Extermely Close recently, and now I have to read the book--generally I try to read the book first, though!

Marce said...

Louise Penny, I have got to try her. I'm a fan of this genre also.

carol said...

The only two on your list I've read are the Penny mysteries. I wanted to love The Beautiful Mystery more than I did.