Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
This is my first time participating in this meme.  So here it goes...This week's topic is Top Ten New To Me Authors I Read In 2012:

1.  Ka Hancock - I read her debut book, Dancing on Broken Glass, and was amazed by it.  The book was very well written,  I couldn't put it down.  I cannot wait for her next book.

2.  Erica Baurmeister - I cannot express how much I enjoyed The School of Essential Ingredients!  It was amazing!

3.  Sarah Jio - This is an author that I've been meaning to read for a while, but never got around to.  I'm glad that I read The Violets of March was beautifully written with wonderful and colorful characters.

4.  Susan Carroll - Another author that has been on my to read list for a very long time.  I read The Dark Queen recently, and now I'm hooked.  Love the author style of writing and her characters was very interesting and some are very mysterious.  Yep, I'm hooked.

5.  Juliet Blackwell - I came upon this author and her the first book of the series by browsing the mystery shelves at my local library. Secondhand Spirits was a great book and I fell in love with Oscar the main character's pot bellied pig.

6.  Heather Blake - Read her first book, It Takes a Witch, back in March and really enjoyed it.  Great first book for a paranormal cosy mystery.

7.  Meg Donahue - How to Eat a Cupcake was a great book. Loved the characters, and their determination to make it, both on the business front but also on recovering their friendship.

8.  Stephanie Perkins - Earlier in the year I read Anna and the French Kiss.  I enjoyed the story  and it brought back memories of my teenage years, both good and bad.

9.  Stephanie Sloan - I discover another historical romance series that I need to follow.  I'm not up to date yet, but I will definitely be picking up more of the author's books.  The Devil in Disguise was a great little story. 

10.  Jane Myers Perrine - The Welcome Committee of Butternut Creek was suggested to me by a friend.  Although I enjoyed the small town feel of the book, I found that it reminded me a lot of Jan Karon's Mitford series, and it felt short in comparison.

1 comment:

Somewhere Only We Know said...

New follower! I actually haven't read any of these, but Stephanie Perkins is on my TBR list!

Check out my TTT.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know