Monday, April 23, 2012

Love, Come to Me

When strong and handsome Heath Rayne pulled Lucinda Caldwell from a winter river, he rescued her from an icy death. But soon he was plunging her into a torrid torrent of passion that this New England beauty had never suspected could claim her. 
Heath was unlike any other man Lucy had ever known: a dashing, mocking, sensuous Southerner who came as a stranger to Lucy's town-and stayed as he stripped away her last shreds of resistance to the demands of desire and the flaming fulfillment of love...


I had this book on hold through the digital provider at my local library, I've been waiting months and months...And finally it was my turn to read, I was super excited, because let's face it, Lisa Kleypas rocks! I love her books and it's always a special treat for me to read them.  I began reading, and everything seemed familiar.  I was wondering if I already had read it, so downstairs I went, to check my keeper shelf.  And there it was!  I truly wish that the publishers would put something on the cover of the saying it is a re-print. 


Ok, so I was disappointed that it wasn't a new book, but I kept on reading.  As usual I devoured it, and it was nice to see old characters, there were a few things that I had forgotten about so it wasn't a total waste of my time. lol


As I was re-reading it, I realized that back when I first read it, I didn't care for the heroine all that much.  And the same happened this time, but she grew a bit more on me, she wasn't as whiny as I remembered.  I did enjoy her willingness to stand up for Heath.  And Heath, well, he was yummy, strong, motivated and super sexy.


What I did enjoy was the setting. It's set just after the Civil War, in the North.  You just can't find too many romance novels set during that time. Or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.  Don't get me wrong I enjoy British setting but it wouldn't hurt to have a little more variety.


I wonder if the author's next historical will be a re-print. Hmmm....


Love, Come to Me by Lisa Kleypas (Re-read) Historical Romance; Published: Onyx (6/1988), Signet (8/2011); Format: Ebook; Library; Books 2012 (32);  

1 comment:

Santee Appliance Repairs said...

This is a great post thanks for writing it