Monday, February 6, 2012

What I've Been Watching

With this reading slump wrecking havoc in my "reading" life, I've been watching quite a few movies and catching up on some of my favorite series. Just this past weekend my husband and I watched three movies.
Friday evening, after lamenting the end of Chuck, our usual Friday night show, we decided to watch The Greatest Movie Ever Sold a documentary by Morgan Spurlock. I found the world of product placement super interesting and somewhat sad. How many movies/shows have I watched not realizing the amount of money and sway these companies have? Countless, I tell you!
On Saturday we watched 50/50. I've been wanting to watch this for a very long time. It's a comedy/drama about Adam's struggle with a rare form of back cancer. I really enjoyed this movie, thought that Joseph Gordon-Levitt's performance as Adam was amazing and he had me in tears several times throughout the movie. And honestly I wonder why he wasn't nominated for his performance.
And last night's pick went to my husband. Drive starring Ryan Gosling, Albert Brooks and Carey Mulligan. I like Ryan Gosling as much as the next girl and I was expecting something good. Honestly I was bored throughout most of the movie, mind you I really liked the driving scenes but the non driving scenes just seemed to drag on forever. We're not big football fans here, we didn't watch the SuperBowl but we do enjoy the commercials and the halftime show. I thought Madonna rocked! Ok it was live singing but it was a great show! And who cares that M.I.A. flipped the bird, Madonna is back people!

1 comment:

Kailana said...

That documentary sounds really interesting. I will have to look into it.