Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Library Loot


Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


I had to return a bunch of books unread, but I will back to them....eventually.

Here's what I brought home:

 Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins is a re-loot book.  I originally got it last year, but never got a chance to read it.  Hoping that this time I will read it within the time period allowed.
 The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig.  It's the second book of The Pink Carnation Series.  I have quite a few of books ahead to catch up with the series.
 Son of a Witch by Gregory Maguire.  It's the second book of the Wicked Years series.  After having Wicked in my TBR pile for years, I finally read it last summer and loved it...I'm hoping that this one will be as good as the first book.

The Bomber by Liza Marklund.  Never read this author before, but the book was "highlighted" at the library, so I decided to give it a try.  With my luck it's probably part of a series.














You can join in the fun by visiting here.


8 comments:

Linda said...

I got Anna and The French Kiss last week but haven't read it yet. Enjoy your loot!

Kailana said...

Enjoy your loot! I think I am the person alive that is not a huge fan of Gregory Maguire...

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

I know Marg loved Anna and the French Kiss and, based on her recommendation, I'm really looking forward to trying it! I love Lauren Willig's Pink Carnation books and The Masque of the Black Tulip is one of my favourites in the series. Enjoy your loot!

Cat said...

I keep meaning to read more of Lauren Willig's series but still haven't progressed beyond Pink Carnation.
Enjoy your loot!

Nise' said...

Nice variety of books. I just started the newest Pink Carnation book, The Garden Intrigue.

Marg said...

Anna and Pink Carnation books = fantastic loot. I am not a big Maguire fan myself.

Enjoy your loot!

Tanya Patrice said...

I've seen lots of positive reviews for Anna that I might just have to pick that one up soon too. Enjoy all your books :-)

Anonymous said...

Anna is on my list of Books To Read. Libraries rock!