Monday, April 4, 2011

The Trouble with Mr Darcy

Is it even possible to have a perfect romance?

Sensual, happy, and steeped in all the luxuries of the lavish Regency period, Darcy and Elizabeth must still face the many challenges that every married couple confronts after the honeymoon is over. Just as the most intense issues of their marriage begin to arise, George Wickham returns to Hertforshire bent on creating trouble. Knowing Darcy as long as he has, Wickham knows just how to strike at his vulnerabilities. But Wickham is only a pawn for someone even more unscrupulous than he is - and much more powerful.

When everything Darcy cherishes most is thrown into deadly danger, and knowing that Wickham has nothing left to lose, Darcy must confront his enemy and his own demons at the same time...

I've been looking forward to reading this book since the release of the previous book of the series. You can say that my expectations on The Trouble with Mr Darcy to be high.

I'm not quite sure what to think of this book...I definitely found it different from the previous books of this series. Although I liked parts of it there were also others that could have been left out...but that's just my opinion.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

I loved the way that the author dealt with postpartum depression. It's not only the mother that suffers but truly the family. I've been there and I know the feelings, and sometimes the lack of them that can turn your life upside down. For that I commend the author, she dealt with it very well. The anger and confusion were all there.

I enjoyed Kitty's romance with Artois. Found it to be very sweet and sensual. And it was also nice to see all the sisters together again for her wedding.

I found the Darcy's trip abroad to be a waste of time. I didn't care for the relatives and really couldn't understand what it had to do with the rest of the story. What really had me grumbling and complaining was the whole abduction/revenge came about. I understood the motive, but couldn't wrap my mind around it. But I guess that's the "crazy" Ormon for you. One good thing about it, was that Mrs Smythe is out. Woot! Never cared for her.

The Trouble with Mr Darcy by Sharon Lathan (3.5/5) Historical Fiction; Published: Sourcebooks Landmark (4/2011); Format: Ebook for Kindle; Series: # 5, Pride & Prejudice Continues; Books 2011 (17);

No comments: