Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading. Here's how you play:

* Grab your current read.
* Let the book fall open to a random page.
* Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
* You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
* Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser:

Zhivago worked at his old table by the staff-room window, stacked with charts and forms of every size and shape. He had pushed them to one side; occasionally, in addition to taking notes from his medical works, he wrote in snatches his "Playing at People, a Gloomy Diary or Journal Consisting of Prose, Verse and What-have-you, Inspired by the Realization that Half the People Have Stopped Being Themselves and Are Acting Unknown Parts."
~ taken from page 185 of Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak



You can join in the fun by visiting here.

7 comments:

Lover of Romance said...

Good teaser!!! I have heard good things about this one, hope you are enjoying it so far!

Tribute Books Mama said...

Here is my teaser from The Wolves of Andover by Kathleen Kent (Page 8):

Martha saw it all clear in that moment: this was the instant her place in the family would be decided. If she lost her footing at the outset, she would forever be dealt with as no more than a servant.

Black Disaster Fairy said...

Nice tease, enjoyed it.

UnRead Brains is a making it's debut appearance on the blog-o-sphere and the Tuesday Teaser. Stop by anytime.

Black Disaster Fairy.
http://unreadbrains.blogspot.com

Nise' said...

Good tease. Read this book years ago.

Arlee Bird said...

This is a classic and the movie is long--someday I'm gonna finish watching the whole movie.

I didn't follow the exact rules but I have a reason
here's my teaser:
Tossing It Out

Lee

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

Oooh, I should definitely add that one to my TBR list! Nice one :)

Lady Q said...

That's a great teaser! I haven't read this yet, but it sounds like it's got a humorous quality. My Teaser is from Firelight and I've got a big Christmas Giveaway underway! Please stop by!