Tuesday, August 17, 2010

All I Ever Wanted

One Happily-Ever-After Rocking Chair…

And no sign of any forthcoming babies to rock in ol' Georgebury, Vermont. For Callie Grey, turning thirty means coming to grips with the fact that her boss (and five-week fling) is way overdue in his marriage proposal. And way off track because Mark has suddenly announced his engagement to the company's new Miss Perfect. If that isn't bad enough, her mom decides to throw her a three-oh birthday bash in the family funeral home.

Bad goes to worse when she stirs up a crazy relationship with the town's not so warm and fuzzy veterinarian, Ian McFarland, in order to flag Mark's attention. So Ian is more comfortable with animals…. So he's formal, orderly and just a bit tense. The ever-friendly, fun-loving and spontaneous Callie decides it's time for Ian to get a personality makeover. But dang, if he doesn't shock the heck out of her, she might actually fall for Vermont's unlikeliest eligible bachelor….

As you might have noticed I have been reading some serious stuff lately, and I needed to cleanse my palate so...I picked up the latest by Kristan Higgins. She's my newest feel good author. Her books are wonderfully written with great characters and full of family quirks which make me laugh.

Well I definitely got what I was looking for, I got the humor, the unique family dynamics and wonderful story about a woman and man finally realizing what they really want is each other.

Callie is an outgoing, sweet, and has a heart of gold. She likes everyone and people love her too. She has a little problem, her boss, Mark just doesn't see her in the same light. Ian is a shy man, who has had his own share of disappointments and heartache. Even thought they don't hit it off right at the beginning they became friends. Which I liked a lot. I like when an author takes time for the main characters to get to know each other before the sex gets mixed up in the situation.

Although I thought it was an amazing read I found it I wanted more of Callie and Ian time. There was a lot more going on in Callie's crazy mixed up family life, which was entertaining to say the least, but I wished it wasn't the center stage of the book. It's supposed Callie and Ian, not her crazy family.

All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins (4/5) Contemporary Romance; Published: HQN Books (7/2010); Format: Ebook for Kindle App on IPad; Books 2010 (77);

No comments: