Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading. Here's how you play:

* Grab your current read.
* Let the book fall open to a random page.
* Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
* You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
* Please avoid spoilers!

My teaser:
No gossip about Mr. Casaubon's will had yet reached Ladislaw: the air seemed to filled with the dissolution of Parliament and the coming election, as the old wakes and fairs were filled with the rival clatter of itinerant shows; and more private noises were taken little notice of. The famous "dry election" was at hand, in which the depths of public feeling might be measured by the low flood-mark of drink.
~ taken from about 59% ebook format (Kindle), Middlemarch by George Eliot



For more teasers visit here.

4 comments:

Cecelia said...

Interesting teaser. I am guessing there is a lot of intrigue going on behind the scenes. I've never been able to read through an entire Eliot book, and I feel guilty about that. One of these days I will try again. Hope you're enjoying the read!

If you'd like, you can check out my teaser here.

Alayne said...

Looks and sounds very intriguing. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Jennifer said...

Brilliant choice of book s well as teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesdays-31-bond-street.html

Emma Michaels said...

Loving you teaser! Hope you will also check out My Teaser. Also wanted to give you a heads up about my amazing news that my debut novel is being released Friday the 13th this August. Hope you will check out the announcement or my second tab.

Sincerely,
Emma Michaels
http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com