Monday, April 12, 2010

Two Shall Become One

A honeymoon can last a lifetime

Beginning on their wedding day, Pride and Prejudice's Darcy and Elizabeth are two people who are deeply in love with one another and are excited to begin their marriage.

Their courtship was tempestuous; misunderstandings and misgivings nearly tore them apart. But now that they've seen each other without prejudice, their trust, attraction, and delight in each other grows with every passing day. Both are inexperienced and innocent, sharing moments of shyness and boldness as they discover the kinds of intimacies that a newlywed couple shares.

As their love story unfolds, they reveal their innermost secrets and feelings, embracing each other in a marriage filled with romance, passion, humor, and drama that will keep you spellbound.

Have you read the reviews of this book on Amazon? They're all over the place. Some love it and other hate it. I don't buy books very often but before I decide to buy I do research: I read reviews. And Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan definitely sparked my curiosity. Ok, not only the reviews but the fact that the book is the sequel to the movie (starring Keira Knightly) and not the original P&P.

And with that in mind, I actually enjoyed the book. I found it to be an entertaining read, one of those that you can relax on the couch, enjoy the silence and just read... It wasn't a complicated read, it was a simple look into the life of a newly married couple. Getting to know each other intimately, getting used to their nuances, experiencing their first disagreements, etc...

I found it interesting that I imagined Darcy and Elizabeth as the same people as the movie. It was interesting and a little strange, it seemed to me that I was invading their privacy. Funny, isn't it?

I will be looking forward to the next book, Loving Mr Darcy: Journeys Beyond Pemberley.

Mr. & Mrs. Fitzwilliam Darcy: Two Shall Become One by Sharon Lathan (3.5/5) Historical Fiction; Published: Sourcebooks Landmark (2009); New Author; Series: # 1, Darcy Saga; Year of the Historical (5); Books 2010 (40);

No comments: