Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wyoming Brides

Wyoming Brides contains two books: Denim and Diamonds, and The Wyoming Kid.

Here's the blurb for Wyoming Brides:
Two men from the Cowboy State…and the women they love!
Denim and Diamonds

Rancher Chase Brown has always loved Letty Ellison, but nine years ago she left their small Wyoming town, searching for a different kind of life. Now she's come home to Red Springs with her dreams in tatters—and a five-year-old child in tow. She's ready to trade the false glitter of Hollywood for the true happiness of being a rancher's wife. Chase's wife. But is it too late?

The Wyoming Kid

Rancher Lonny Ellison is an ex-rodeo cowboy who's used to the adulation of women. But that's something he doesn't get from Joy Fuller. In fact, they argue constantly. His sister, Letty, says it's because he's interested in Joy…and Lonny figures she's right. Can he convince Joy that marriage to the Wyoming Kid will be as exciting as an eight-second bull ride and as sweet as the cookies she likes to bake?

As many of you know Debbie Macomber is my feel good author. I love reading her books. I love the way she develops relationships between the characters, either being romantically involved, or being family members and just friends. She has the ability to hook me and not let go until the end. There are books of hers that I've enjoyed more, and others that fall into the "heh" category, but regardless of the outcome I know that reading Macomber will make smile.

I was quite surprised to discover that I had read both stories before...but nevertheless I re-read both. And enjoyed both of them. Although I found that the first, Denim and Diamonds seemed a little dated. It was nice the re-visit characters that I enjoyed previously, I love the love/hate relationship of Lonnie and Joy...specifically their banter.

If you're looking for a sweet, cozy read, Wyoming Brides is that. It was a great weekend read.

Wyoming Brides by Debbie Macomber (Re-read) Anthology; Contemporary Romance: Western; Published: Mira; Reprint (7/09); Books 2010 (10);

No comments: