Friday, February 5, 2010

Too Good to be True

When Grace Emerson's ex-fianc? starts dating her younger sister, extreme measures are called for. To keep everyone from obsessing about her love life, Grace announces that she's seeing someone. Someone wonderful. Someone handsome. Someone completely made up. Who is this Mr. Right? Someone...exactly unlike her renegade neighbor Callahan O'Shea. Well, someone with his looks, maybe. His hot body. His knife-sharp sense of humor. His smarts and big heart.

Whoa. No. Callahan O'Shea is not her perfect man! Not with his unsavory past. So why does Mr. Wrong feel so...right?

Why haven't I heard of Kristan Higgins until now? Seriously, where have I been? On my last trip to the library I found this little gem of a book, Too Good To Be True.

Grace has a perfect boyfriend, too bad it's all her imagination. Mind you, she was desperate, she was tired of the sad and worried looks she was getting from her family. And it doesn't help that her ex-fiancee is dating her perfect younger sister. What's a girl to do? But when she gets to know her new neighbor better, Cal a sexy an ex-con with a heart of gold, she may re-think the whole made-up boyfriend thing.

I devoured this book in one afternoon. It was a fast paced, quirky and funny read. I love the sister's relationship, and found her parents hilarious, and I got a kick out of her grandmother. But I have to say that Grace is the star of this book, a high school history teacher, who loves all thing Civil War, she reenacts battles for fun, loves her parents and sisters, and volunteers her time at an old age home where she dances and reads to the elderly. Cal isn't too shabby either...A talented carpenter that got into a scrape with the law because he cared too much, I won't get into the reason here, you'll have to read the book. I thought they were great together, had great chemistry, I only wished that there was more in the book.

Too Good To Be True by Kristan Higgins (4/5) Contemporary Romance; Published: HQN (2/09); New Author; Books 2010 (12);

1 comment:

Nise' said...

I was reading about this book in BookPage earlier this week and thought the same thing! Glad you enjoyed it.