Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Inkdeath

The Adderhead--his immortality bound in a book by Meggie's father, Mo--has ordered his henchmen to plunder the villages. The peasants' only defense is a band of outlaws led by the Bluejay--Mo's fictitious double, whose identity he has reluctantly adopted. But the Book of Immortality is unraveling, and the Adderhead again fears the White Women of Death. To bring the renegade Bluejay back to repair the book, the Adderhead kidnaps all the children in the kingdom, dooming them to slavery in his silver mines unless Mo surrends. First Dustfinger, now Mo: Can anyone save this cursed story?

I have mixed feelings on the final book of the Inkheart trilogy. Although I enjoyed the book, I didn't care for the ending. Mind you it was left pretty open in my opinion, just in case the author wants to revisit it I think.

I enjoyed Meggie growth, although I didn't agree with all her choices. And Mo's need to become the Bluejay was completely understandable. And the despicable Orpheus truly got what he deserved. But I felt that the book became so dark, for a young readers point of view I think.

I feel that I probably read these book too close to each other...but I couldn't resist it.

Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke (4/5) Young Adult; Fantasy; Published: The Chicken House (9/08); Series: # 3, Inkheart; 2009 100 + Reading Challenge (103); Chunkster Challenge (5)

3 comments:

Kailana said...

You put me to shame! Do you know how long ago it was that I read the first book and now you have read all three and I still haven't even started book 2! lol

Anonymous said...

Do you recommend this trilogy then? I just saw the movie of Inkheart and can't say I cared too much about it. :-s

Leya said...

Ana O.,

I highly recommend the trilogy. :D

We watched the movie, I enjoyed it. But the books are better. :)

Happy reading!