Monday, September 28, 2009

Dreamfever

He has stolen her past, but MacKayla will never allow her sister’s murderer to take her future. Yet even the uniquely gifted sidhe-seer is no match for the Lord Master, who has unleashed an insatiable sexual craving that consumes Mac’s every thought—and thrusts her into the seductive realm of two very dangerous men, both of whom she desires but dares not trust.

As the enigmatic Jericho Barrons and the sensual Fae prince V’lane vie for her body and soul, as cryptic entries from her sister’s diary mysteriously appear and the power of the Dark Book weaves its annihilating path through the city, Mac’s greatest enemy delivers a final challenge.…

It’s an invitation Mac cannot refuse, one that sends her racing home to Georgia, where an even darker threat awaits. With her parents missing and the lives of her loved ones under siege, Mac is about to come face-to-face with a soul-shattering truth—about herself and her sister, about Jericho Barrons…and about the world she thought she knew.

I love Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series and I wish she would back to that style of writing. Don't get me wrong, so far I've enjoyed the Fever series, it's just I miss my highlanders. And my biggest complaint with the Fever series it's so far fetched with all the craziness that's going on, I know it paranormal fiction, but come on now! But, I just can't say no to the author.

And that's the reason I inhaled this story too, right? Oh yes, it grabbed me and wouldn't let go until the very end. Which leads me to: What the hell?! Another cliffhanger!

Going back to the story, very enthralling and it had me at the edge of my seat so many times that I've lost count. Mac and Barrons finally, kinda sorta have a thing going, but I won't go into that at the moment. Plus there's Vlane, who is very tempting but...This is all getting very frustrating, there's only so many twists and turns that I can take.

And now I'll have to wait another year for the conclusion! Grr!

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning (4/5) Paranormal Romance; Published: Delacorte Press (8/09); Series: # 4, Fever; 2009 100 + Reading Challenge (110);

2 comments:

Kailana said...

I can't decide if I would like her or not. My first instinct is no, but maybe I should try her...

Marg said...

Kailana, I don't think you would like her all that much.

I am with you Leya. I preferred the Highlander books as well. I read these, but I am not a huge fan like I know plenty of other people are.