Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dirty Sexy Knitting

I've been looking forward to reading Dirty Sexy Knitting since I read the previous book of the series. Let's just say that it was an OK read, and I'm hoping that the final book of the trilogy will be as good as the first one. You can find my thoughts on How To Knit A Wild Bikini here and my thoughts on Unravel Me here.

Here's the blurb for Dirty Sexy Knitting:
Malibu & Ewe's owner, Cassandra Riley, is about to turn thirty and wants to celebrate with her knitting club and her new found half-sisters, Nikki and Juliet, in a big birthday extravaganza. But with Juliet on her honeymoon and Nikki with her fiancĂ©, it seems everyone's paired up—except for Cassandra...

A series of near-death accidents cause Cassandra to run straight into the arms of the man she's tried hard to avoid. Gabe Kincaid, her landlord and neighbor, is a loose cannon with too many strings attached to commit to her fully - or can he? When a mud slide entraps the couple and puts their lives at risk, Gabe is forced to make a decision that will change his life - and the status of their relationship - forever...

Good news: It was better than the last one, Unravel Me.

Bad news: It still wasn't as good as the first book, How To Knit A Wild Bikini, in my opinion.

I always thought that Cassandra was too nice, but in this book I found her to be someone more comparable to a doormat. Her relationship between her and her mother, and you don't have to look too far when it comes to her relationship with Gabe. And Gabe's self-pity was a major high in this book. I can understand the guilt of losing loved ones, but he was living his life with the intent of dying, and that I cannot understand.

What I did enjoy was the way the author wrote the book. It was quick, funny with some twists thrown into it. Wonderful.

Dirty Sexy Knitting by Christie Ridgway (3.5/5) Contemporary Romance; Published: Berkley Contemporary Romance (6/2009); Series: # 3, Malibu & Ewe; 2009 100 + Reading Challenge (76); Romance Reading Challenge (8);

No comments: