Monday, March 2, 2009

Challenges - Update


Hmm, let's see...I think I'm doing well, considering. lol

Here's my update on each individual challenge:

1. Book Awards II Challenge - The Challenge started on August 1st, 2008 and it ends on June 1, 2009. Basically you have to read 10 award winning books in ten months. So far, I've read 5 out of the 10. You can find them here.

2. 2009 Support Your Local Library - It began January 1st, 2009 and it ends on December 31st, 2009. I challenged myself to read 50 books from the library. And I just #23, and you can see them here.

3. 2009 100 + Reading Challenge - The challenge started on January 1st, and it runs right up to the end of the year. The objective is to read a hundred or more books in the year. I finished reading number 28. The list is here.

4. The 2009 Pub Challenge - This challenge also runs during the length of 2009, and it's objective it to read at leat 9 books that are published in 2009. So far I've read five newly published books, and you can find them here.

5. Celebrate the Author - This challenge is a twelve month challenge: January to December. Each month you read a book by an author that celebrates his or her birthday that month. Two down and ten more to go. Here are the authors that I'm reading for the challenge.

6. 18th and 19th Century Women Writers' Reading Challenge - This challenge is another year long one. I chose to read 10 books by female novelists of the 18th & 19th centuries, I've read two of those books. You can find them here.

7. Romance Reading Challenge 2009 - For this challenge I chose to read 10 books. I have read two of the books I chose, and you find the complete list here.

8. Young Reader Challenge - I'm participating in this challenge along with my daughter, so far she's way ahead of me. Of the 12 books that we're supposed to read during 2009, I've only read one. Yikes. Here's the link.

9. Chunkster Challenge 2009 - For this challenge I'm hoping to read 3 to 5 very large books, 450 pages or more. It is a ten month challenge so I'm confident that I'll be able to finish it. I have read one, and here is it.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Good challenge progress. I see you're going to read Desperaux next, yay!

Chrisbookarama said...

That's a great start. Keep it up!