Thursday, January 22, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday



It's Thursday and it's time for Slow Cooking Thursday, which is hosted by Sandra of Diary of Stay at Home Mom.

Potato and Leek Soup

4 cups chicken broth
3 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cups chopped cabbage
1 leek, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled

Combine broth, potatoes, cabbage, leek, onion, carrots, parsley, salt, caraway seeds, pepper and bay leaf in slow-cooker; mix well.

Cover; cook on low 8 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.

Remove and discard the bay leaf. Combine 1/2 cup hot liquid from slow cooker with sour cream in small bowl. Add sour cream mixture and bacon to soup; mix well.

Enjoy!

Don't forget about checking out more slow cooking recipes, by visiting here!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

This sounds really good, thanks for sharing.

As for the Carne de Porco a Alentejana, it's one of my favorites too and Cozido a Portuguesa YUM YUM.

Do you like Alheiras? I love them and I wish I could get some here in the States LOL

Jen said...

I have all these ingredients in the house. I may have to make this tomorrow. I'm glad you like the chicken recipe. My sister in law made it up. It is very good.