Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Should Be Reading. Here's how you play:

* Grab your current read.
* Let the book fall open to a random page.
* Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
* You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
* Please avoid spoilers!


My teaser:

"Feeling encouraged, he picked up a volume of Wordsworth from the table by his elbow.
"'It is a beauteous evening, calm and free,'" he read aloud." - taken from page 11 of At Home In Mitford by Jan Karon.

You can join the fun here.

7 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I like the teaser. Gonna check it out!


Here is mine

Anonymous said...

I think I read this before, but I can't remember. LOL! Too many books, not enough memory! ;)

Btw, are you Wandeca from Bookcrossing? I'm starbytes there. =D

Anonymous said...

I really like your teaser. I may have to check out the book.
Mine’s here.

Jo-Jo said...

That sounds very relaxing. I haven't read any of the Mitford series before but I have heard good things about these books. Mine is here.

Nise' said...

Love the Mitford series. My mom got me reading it.

Wendi said...

Those Mitford books are so much fun! :) Here's my Teaser!

~ Wendi

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... makes me wonder what made him feel encouraged in the first place.