Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Crazy for You

I’ve been experiencing a few reading disasters in the past month, and I happen to mentioned that fact to my friend Marja. And she suggested I read Crazy For You by Jennifer Crusie. And I thought why not, I enjoy the author’s books, and I was quite sure I hadn’t read it before. And after reading the blurb, I thought it would be very promising.

Here’s the blurb:
On Wednesday, Quinn McKenzie changes her life. On Thursday, she tries to get somebody to notice. On Thursday night, somebody does.

Quinn McKenzie has always lived what she calls a "beige" life. She's dating the world's nicest guy, she has a good job as a high school art teacher, she's surrounded by family and friends who rely on her, and she's bored to the point of insanity. But when Quinn decides to change her life by adopting a stray dog over everyone's objections, everything begins to spiral out of control. Now she's coping with dog-napping, breaking and entering, seduction, sabotage, stalking, more secrets than she really wants to know, and two men who are suddenly crazy...for her.

Well, I was halfway through the second chapter, and then it hits me: I’ve read this book before! What the hay, I’ll just continue on… And I’m so glad that I did.

I really enjoyed this one (again). I enjoyed the characters, Quinn really took hold of heart, loved her willingness to change and take charge of her life and getting rid of Bill - which reminds me, I should re-read Getting Rid of Bradley, it’s been a while. Nick is a great friend to Quinn but he’s a little afraid of taking it to the next level with her. And Bill, oh my, what a nut! A very scary nut! But the what made this book really stand out (the second time around) was Darla and Max. I thought they made a great couple, she wanting a change, to add spice, and he not seeing the need to change anything.

Crazy For You by Jennifer Crusie (Re-read) Contemporary Romance; Published: St. Martin’s (2000); 100 + Reading Challenge (84); Library book;

1 comment:

Kristie (J) said...

I haven't enjoyed every Jennifer Cruise book I've read - but I did like this one :) I think it's one of her funnier ones despite crackpot Bill.