Monday, September 22, 2008

Sweet Spot

"Responsibility" should be Nicole Keyes's middle name. After all, not many people would sacrifice their lives to run the family bakery and raise a younger sibling. But with Nicole's twin sister now blissfully married and her younger sis turning out more femme fatale than girl-next-door, super reliable Nicole is getting sick of putting everyone else's needs first!

Enter Hawk. The deliciously sexy former NFL player offers Nicole a taste of the freedom she craves. Hawk may know the way, blindfolded, to her sweet spot, but Nicole's not about to let him get close enough to break her heart. Of course, she might not have a choice in the matter if Hawk's past keeps getting in the way of their present.…

This is the second book of the Bakery Sisters series. The first book was Sweet Talk, which i read and enjoyed, you can find it here. In that book I found Nicole a tad bitchy, but I understood where the anger and resentment had come from.

I was a little concerned about my feeling for Nicole in this one, I was expecting the bitchiness, but I was pleasantly surprised. I found Nicole to be quirky and full of sass. Loved her. I enjoyed Hawk, but found him a little conceited. I didn't like his daughter, found her spoiled and immature. But the scene stealer for me was Raoul, he was such a great character. I'm hoping that Raoul will have his own book in the future.

Sweet Spot by Susan Mallery (4/5) Romance; Published: HQN (8/08); Series: # 2, Bakery Sisters; 100 + Reading Challenge (62);

No comments: