Monday, August 4, 2008
July Book Blowout - wrap up
July has come and gone, and participating in July Book Blowout was an amazing experience. I challenged myself to read 15 books in July and I did it! Actually I exceeded my challenge by one book. Here's what I read:
1. The Duke by Gaelen Foley
2. Not Another Bad Date by Rachel Gibson
3. The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn
4. At The Bride Hunt Ball by Olivia Parker
5. Duchess By Night by Eloisa James
6. After The Kiss by Suzanne Enoch
7. Trusting Ryan by Tara Taylor Quinn
8. The Confession of Fiztwilliam Darcy: A Novel by Mary Street
9. Her Secret Fantasy by Gaelen Foley
10. Nightshade by Susan Wittig Albert
11. When A Hero Comes Along by Teresa Southwick
12. The Year of Living Biblically: One Man’s Humble Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible by A.J. Jacobs
13. Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian
14. The Brotherhood of the Shroud by Julia Navarro
15. Blind Spot by Terri Persons
16. The Gospel According To Jesus Christ by Jose Saramago
Mrs S posted a few questions for the wrap up:
1. Did you discover a new author?
Several, actually. I picked up a few new to me authors, and I'm looking forward on reading more of their work.
2. Where was the most unusual place you found yourself reading?
Don't know about unusual, but I found myself reading everywhere I went. I always carry a book with me, so in July I read at the beach, camp site, car, parking lot, soccer practise, soccer tournament, swimming lessons, and my favorite place comfy chair at home.
3. Did you read more than usual?
I tend to read more during the summer months.
4. Did you give up anything in order to read more?
No, I didn't.
5. If you won the Amazon voucher what would you spend it on?
There are several hardcover books that I would like to get, the voucher would definitely help.
6. Would you like to see a 2009 Book Blowout?