Thursday, July 24, 2008

ORBIS TERRARUM Challenge


Yes, another challenge. I just could not resist this one. You can find the info here. I have to choose nine books from nine authors from nine different countries.

Here are my selections:

1. Russia: Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

2. Colombia: One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

3. Portugal: The Gospel According to Jesus Christ by Jose Saramago ** Completed July 29th 2008

4. Italy: The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

5. Chile: The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende

6. Ireland: Commitments by Roddy Doyle * Couldn't find the book, so decided to still go with the "I", so instead of Ireland, I'm doing India, The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. ** Completed August 31st 2008

7. France: Around The World In Eighty Days by Jules Verne

8. Afghanistan: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini ** Completed August 10th 2008

9. Brazil: The War of the Saints by Jorge Amado * I read instead Gabriela, Clove and Cinnamon by the same author. ** Completed August 24th 2008

No comments: