Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Lady Betrayed...very brief

My first time reading this author, although I have heard of her before. I wasn’t sure on what to expect.

Here’s the blurb for A Lady Betrayed by Nicole Byrd:

Seeking shelter from the rain, Adrian Carter, Viscount Weller, comes across a deserted gazebo -- and an unconscious woman. The last thing he would ever want to do is besmirch such beauty, but when a search party finds Miss Applegate in his arms, they assume quite the opposite…

Madeline Applegate always planned on a chaste life, staying home to care for her father. So a marriage proposal from a handsome stranger has her reeling. But, with her reputation ruined, has she any choice but to accept? Now the pair must weather a storm of secrets from Adrian’s past that could tear them apart forever…

Although the theme of the story was enjoyable I thought something was lacking. I found at times that both the hero and heroine a tad too cheesy. I just didn't get it.

I hate when this happens...it may just be me. I wonder if I re-read it, will I feel the same...

A Lady Betrayed by Nicole Byrd (2/5) Historical Romance; Published: Berkeley Sensation (11/2007); New Author; 100 + Reading Challenge (24);

No comments: