Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fast Food Nation



I read this book for the Fall Into Reading Challenge hosted by Katrina at Callapidder Days



I've had this book in my TBR shelf for a long time. I've started reading it several times, but never got a chance to finish it. So I thought that having a reason to finish it would be a good thing... Well, yeah! Fall Into Reading was the little push I needed to do it.

I'm amazed on how much money companies put into their fast food divisions. I always knew that they put oodles into research and marketing, but I never thought that they had even schools for their employees.

I admit that their marketing techniques have persuaded me to stop off and pick up a few goodies, and also it helps that they also target children. My children like many others are addicted to certain little toys that are given with their meals, but I'm trying to cut down the number of times that we visit fast food restaurants. I guess that watching Supersize Me is helping my resolve, but that another topic.

Rate: 4/5

No comments: