Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Devil And The Yarn Shop


The Devil Who Tamed Her by Johanna Lindsey

Ophelia Reid is considered the most beautiful lady of the season, but also known to be mean spirited. Raphael Locke, Viscount Lynnflied, has had enough of the scheming and wants to teach Olivia a lesson. With permission of her parents he "kidnaps" Ophelia to a remote cottage. There he tries to make her see her wrong doings... But he's realizing that there's more to Ophelia than meets the eye. Can the ton be mistaken about this beauty?

These two characters were first introduced in The Heir, although I loved The Heir I cannot say the same about The Devil Who Tamed Her. Although the story has the typical fast pace, witty dialogue and good characters, I felt that the story was lacking. It felt like somewhere along the lines, Ophelia and Rafe, just gave up and turned to each other. I wanted more tension, a more complete build up of chemistry. Maybe, I should have read The Heir before reading this book, it might have helped.

Rate: 2.5/5



Back on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber

There's a new shop on Blossom Street. Susannah Nelson opened a Flower Shop next to A Good Yarn. Susannah hired a young widow, Colette Bennett. Although the young woman is still grieving for her husband it seems that she's keeping a secret. Lydia this time around is offering a prayer shawl class. Both Susannah and Colette join along with Alix Townsend. Alix decides that the class will give her a chance to relax and keep her mind off her wedding. It's seems that her future mother in law and Alix's mentor took it upon themselves to throw her the wedding of the century.

Let me start off by saying, I cannot get enough of Debbie Macomber! I absolutely love her books. I always look forward to them. I know that I will enjoy the story, like the characters, go through emotions like they are going out of style and come out with a smile on my face and maybe even a little upset that I'll have to wait a while for a new book. It's like visiting with old friends. And I think that's the appeal of her books. Just a group of women and men, trying their best to live their lives to fullest with the people that they love and helping their friends along the way.

Rate: 4.5/5

No comments: